8 Ways To Add £10k To Your Home
Everyone loves the idea of making a little more money than they thought possible and one of the most popular ways to make a bit of cash is to upgrade the home you own. If you’re fortunate enough to own the property over your head, they you know the freedom that comes with it. You get the chance to make changes, sell when you feel like it and generally be the boss of your home. Well, now the time has come to think about selling and you want to add a little more value to your house. We’ve got some fantastic ways you can add at least £10,000 to the price tag, so that when it comes to putting your house up for sale you can get the best in return.
- Tart It Up! You can choose to do this yourself, or you can call in a renovation company to help, but getting the house prepared for a sale is important. You don’t necessarily have to rip out entire kitchens, but replacing worktops or cupboards is a good start for an upgraded look.
- Keep Features. If you are fortunate enough to live in a period home, then don’t spend time modernising the whole thing. Buyers love a home with period features and fireplaces and windows are often looked upon as beautiful for the period. Spend a little cash restoring features, but never replace.
- Gardening. Your front and back yards will be front and centre for people wanting to look around your home. The way it looks on the outside will matter just as much as the inside, so get rid of weeds and add small pots of flowers to the edges of the front path. A well-cared for garden reflects how well you care for your home.
- Clean House. When you have viewings, you need the house to be uncluttered and above all, clean. Get those Marigolds on, because you need the home smelling wonderful and sparkling for those visitors!
- Fresh Paint. You may not have the budget for a full renovation, and that’s perfectly okay. Touching up tired walls with a lick of paint can make such a difference to the way your home looks to other people. You can have a fab home in no time with a roller and a tin of paint – cheap and cheerful!
- Sparkling Bathrooms. No one has ever been sold on a house with a bathroom that is out of date and dirty. Give it a scrub and update the smaller items such as the soap dish and the taps on the sink. Small and simple changes often make big difference!
- Declutter. We’ve advised you to clean the house from top to bottom, but let’s not forget to get those many trinkets hidden away, too. There’s no need for ‘stuff’ laying around while people are viewing your home!
- Flooring. If you’re still sporting some funky 70’s patterns in the carpet, it’s time to pull it up and replace the flooring with something more modern. Instant transformation and not as pricey as you’d think!